Today I am presenting another written Interview with Jessica Eckhaus, VP of Marketing, for Angels Jeans.
Checkout the interview:
1. How did you develop relationships that got your jeans into the big department stores?
We started small, stores first tested us… We retailed well so, they bought more styles for more stores.
2. What’s one piece of advice you would provide to an aspiring designer fresh out of school, who wants to set up her own line of fashion jeans?
Try to be unique and figure out your own special niche.
3. What’s one mistake you made, and how did you recover?
Listening to “rules” and not following our gut. For example, people used to think light washes don’t sell in the winter. However, that’s not true! The following year I made sure to sell light washes all year!
4. What has been one of your most successful marketing efforts?
Social Medias such as facebook. Building our own website helped us a lot as well. Customers are now directly contacting us if they have an issue or when they absolutely love the jeans, or they want to know about when the new styles are coming in, we are always opened for what our customers think and feel. We are learning so much each day.
5. What is one of your biggest challenges currently?
Keeping up with trends but remaining true to our customer. We need to make sure we do things the Angels way.
6. What’s next for Angels Jeans?
All about the wash – acid, light, dark, etc.