Check out the interview:
1. What got you interested in starting your own SEO company? Share your story.
I started my own SEO company due to the fact that I saw a need for friends who own small local businesses to own their searches online. I would see their competitors ranking above them with lower quality websites. This made me react by telling my friends how I could position their brand and company above their competitors with a budget and some time. After having several great case studies, I really liked what I was doing for the local businesses and decided to start offering the service on a larger scale. That’s how Pier7 Marketing was formed.
2. What types of tactics are you using today to help clients rank their local businesses on Google?
I like to use citation links a lot. They provide great value for the business and also give tons of recognition to the quality of the brand. I believe they are the most successful way to market companies online.
3. How have you gone about finding new clients to work with?
All of my work has been word of mouth. My previous clients have referred their friends to reach out to me and its been a snowballing effect. I’m very greatful to have great customers and support.
4. What are some of the most common requests you get when designing new websites?
People really want to let me go and do all the creative work, which I like. At the end of the day, they are paying me to design and develop. If I rely too much on their requests, the site will never get finished. Its important to establish this type of relationship off the bat. Let them give you the freedom to design.
5. What are your future plans for 2014 and beyond?
I plan on growing my brand through social media and also gaining more traction in the local market. Excited for the new year!
Check out Greg’s site Pier7 Marketing