Today I present another written interview with Dr. Bowyer of the Dr. Bowyer Dental Practice.
Check out the interview:
1. How do you differentiate your dental practice when you’re in a very competitive segment?
In order to differentiate ourselves during this competitive time we go the extra mile to deliver outstanding customer service combined with personalized oral health care plans that are realistic to people’s needs. We are able to do this by offering a wide range of services all under one roof and making the patient our top priority while excelling in outstanding quality care.
2. What has been one of your most successful marketing channels?
I would have to say it’s a combination of the internet and patient referrals. We have a wonderful patient base who are willing to share their dental experience with their friends and family which has helped our practice grow and we are very thankful for them.
3. What’s one piece of advice you would give to a new dentist fresh out of school, ready to set up his first practice?
One piece of advice I would give is to make sure they do their research in the area they are looking to buy. A great way of doing this is to hire a consultant to help evaluate the demographics in the area in regards to population as well as the current number of active dentists.
4. What do you do to foster word-of-mouth referrals from your clients?
At the end of each visit, we hand the patient one of our business cards and ask them if they know anybody like themselves looking for a new dentist and that we would appreciate any referrals.
5. What’s one mistake you made, and how did you recover from it?
Not keeping more services in house. We have recovered from this by hiring our own in house specialists.
6. What’s next for your dental practice?
We will continue to look for avenues in dentistry that improve our ability to deliver the best possible care to our patients as well as increase our patients access to in house care specialists.