Today I am presenting another written interview with Claudio Lopez who is a massage therapist based our of Florida.
Check out the interview:
1. What got you interested in massage therapy? Share your story.
I got interested in massage when it became available to employees of America Online. I was working a very stressful job in their call center and we got free chair massages for a while when a local school offered their services. When AOL closed the call center down and sent all our jobs overseas, I took this opportunity to go back to school. I started Massage by Claudio here in Jacksonville Florida in 2007 and have been a First Coast Favorite ever since.
2. How do you find most of your clients that you work with? What’s been working to get more clients?
I get most of my clients through word of mouth. But I also believe in making myself available to chiropractors, other massage businesses and fitness centers. So every day is different and keeps things fresh. I love it this way. I do a lot of chair massage events and gets people to know me better prior to them getting on my table.
3. How do you promote your business online, what’s working for you?
As for online marketing I can’t say enough about social media like Facebook and Twitter. I have been working on a series of short promo videos that are either loaded with humor or just straight to the point. I’m most proud of the video with Mark Cornelison who was a contestant on season 13 of The Biggest Loser who himself lost over 100 lbs. Having him share his opinion of what I do has been wonderful.
4. You mentioned you offer incentives for a weight loss challenge you do online, can you explain this more?
When I worked at AOL. I started at 170 lbs. when I left and started massage school I ballooned to 215 lbs.
I became a diabetic. I looked and felt awful so I engaged in a 90 day whole body transformation and upon completion I submitted my results but won nothing. There was only one winner and it wasn’t me. I wanted to change how these challenges worked so I now offer SPX Nutrition as part of my wellness program. The products are all natural vegan/vegetarian friendly and gluten free. My clients love them because they actually work. What makes our 90 day weight loss program stand out from all the others is that as long as you use our products and enroll in our challenge and you lose more than 20 lbs you win at least $100 and up to $600. This really is a motivating factor that worked before and still works today. So this time not only the biggest loser wins but everyone that has lost the minimum of 20 lbs wins. Now how cool is that?
5. What are your future plans for 2014 and beyond?
5. 2014 has been a great year so far. I was finally able to trade in my old car for a 2014 Jeep Patriot and massage has been keeping me busy. I am so greatful to be so blessed. However, after all these years massaging I would like to slow down some and not do as many physical, hands on massages. To accomplish this, I now teach couples how to properly massage each other safely and effectively. It’s important to know that there is a right and a wrong way to do a massage and the wrong way can lead to injury. Also by adding SPX Nutrition, I am now able to receive a residual income from product sales and the product really do sell itself
That is why the sample giveaway program we use is a great idea. The product works right away with a lot of people and they end up starting right away with their order and join the challenge. We also offer workout and nutritional assistance as well. It’s a well-rounded program. So my ideal SPX client is not just the customer who wishes to lose some weight but anybody who sees the potential to really make a lot of money with this multi-billion dollar nutrition industry. In our SPX team we have everybody from Gym owners, Dance Instructors, Martial Artists, to Housewives and School Teachers. If you would like more information. You can find it on my website www.spxwellness.com. Thank you very much.